What is the 50K Challenge?
The 50K challenge has been introduced this year to accomodate cyclists of all ability levels who want to participate in 7 Days In May. This is a one day event that departs downtown Toronto, and makes it’s way along the Lakeshore to the lunch stop in Whitby where you can celebrate your ride with all of the cyclists participating in 7 Days In May 2019. It is a simple and fun way to show your support for pancreatic cancer research and to experience a fun bike ride with friends!
Date: Saturday, May 25th.
Start Time: 10:00 AM – we suggest you get to the park 45 to 30 minutes before the start of the ride.
Start Location: Coronation Park, Toronto (near Bathurst and Lakeshore Road) – link
Parking Suggestions: The location is close to Billy Bishop Airport. Parking is available at 33 Stadium Road (Public Parking), Carpark 209 on Remembrance Drive, plus 3 Airport parking lots nearby. Location is also close to public transit for commuting. A quick search for “parking near bathurst and lakeshore” will show the closest locations.
Finish Location: Lake Park, Whitby (Port Whitby) – Where Brock Street South and Water Street meet – link
Total Distance: 54.2 KM.
Registration Fee: $50. Returning riders get 10% off.
Registration Fee Includes: 7 Days In May t-shirt, swag bag, lunch, snacks, van support throughout the ride.
Important Note: After completing and submitting the registration form online, you will then be emailed an invoice from People On Bikes Inc where you will be able to pay your registration fee online.
You Will Need:
- All riders must wear a certified cycling helmet; earphones / headphones are not permitted.
- 7 Days In May recommends a “road bike”, but for this distance a hybrid, cross bike, or similar style bike will work as well.
- Be prepared to cycle 54 KM (Toronto to Whitby) with the larger 7 Days In May group.
- Cycling jerseys are available for an additional charge of $65. See registration form.
- Please keep in mind that there is a minimum fund raising amount of $100.
- For anybody who is able to raise $500, you are entitled to a free 7 Days In May cycling jersey.
Click to enlarge, you will be emailed the full route map and details upon registering.
Now it’s time to register… you can do it!